World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» hold me really tight (until the stars look big) - II
hold me really tight (until the stars look big) - II - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 24, 2014 2:06 am by 1975

» call me poison ivy ('cause i'm far from good) - I
hold me really tight (until the stars look big) - II - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 11, 2014 11:33 am by Rosan

» hold me really tight (until the stars look big) - I
hold me really tight (until the stars look big) - II - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2014 10:37 pm by 1975

Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 12 on Sat May 02, 2015 2:11 pm

hold me really tight (until the stars look big) - II

2 posters

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

hold me really tight (until the stars look big) - II - Page 5 Empty Re: hold me really tight (until the stars look big) - II

Post by Rosan Sat Sep 20, 2014 11:08 am

Dinner passes by smoothly. One moment there's still tacos on the plates and the next they finished their ice cream.
Julie piles up the dirty plates while Alec goes fetch a bottle of wine for them to 'celebrate' Mica's arrival—or something like that.

Rosan
Admin

Aantal berichten : 751
Registratiedatum : 2014-04-16
Leeftijd : 27

https://world.actieforum.com

Back to top Go down

hold me really tight (until the stars look big) - II - Page 5 Empty Re: hold me really tight (until the stars look big) - II

Post by 1975 Sat Sep 20, 2014 11:15 am

'The girls asked if they could come by, by the way,' Marcus tells them while he loads the dirty plates into the dishwasher with Julie. 'I told them I had to run it by you two. They haven't been here since before the house was halfway done. They also want to meet the pretty girl you got the island for.'
'You don't have to run it by me,' Tate says, grinning. 'It's not my island, is it?'
Mica swats him in the chest, face turning red. 'Shut up!' she begs. 'Please don't mention that. It's so... weird.'

Admin

Aantal berichten : 750
Registratiedatum : 2014-06-12
Leeftijd : 25

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosan Sat Sep 20, 2014 11:19 am

Julie grins. "You'll get used to it, believe me." She closes the dishwasher and tilts her head a little. "Tate, Jael's meal is in the oven. Alec and I are going for a dive, so you'll know where we are." 
Alec is already outside, walking towards the floodmark while getting rid of his shirt.

Rosan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by 1975 Sat Sep 20, 2014 12:07 pm

'Can they come, though, miss-I-own-an-island?' Marcus asks, grinning.
Mica grins. 'Definitely not if you're gonna call me that.'

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosan Sat Sep 20, 2014 12:12 pm

Julie follows Alec, quickly, running towards him and jumping on his back. He wavers a little on his feet, trying to gain his balance, while cursing out loud because Julie is and will always be heavier than she looks like.
"You really need to stop doing that," he groans while taking a few steps towards the floodmark. He doesn't come very far though and sinks on his knees in the sand.
"Why? It's a good exercise," she quips.

Rosan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by 1975 Mon Sep 22, 2014 1:11 pm

'How old are they again?' Mica asks, rubbing her abdomen. She swirls the little bit of water in her glass around like she and Tate used to do with the too-expensive scotch Mason used to buy.
'Twelve, ten and seven,' Marcus prompts, shrugging. 'They're loud, but they really want to see the island.'
Mica grins. 'I like loud. When can you get them here?'

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosan Mon Sep 22, 2014 1:19 pm

Alec turns his head to steal a kiss from Julie's lips. She lets him, giving him the cutest of smiles, and then quickly gets on her feet. He watches how she throws off the blouse, pulls her hair together in a messy bun and marches towards the water.
He knows it takes a lot of effort for her to be this confident about herself. It's not even a year ago since she had the little accident that gave her the scar on her shoulder, but she totally owned up to it. He's still proud of her.

Jael wakes with a start. She didn't mean to fall asleep, it's not even 8PM yet. 
She gets on her feet and searches for her sketchbook, meaning to put her nightmare on paper. It's only when she has to search her bags she realizes that the book is still with Tate.

Rosan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by 1975 Sat Sep 27, 2014 9:09 am

Since Marcus' sisters got the week off, Mica agrees to invite them tomorrow. Tate smiles at the two of them, happy that two of the people he cares most about get along well.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosan Sat Sep 27, 2014 9:14 am

Julie takes a quick dive and then gets on her feet, looking back at Alec. He's still sitting in the sand, making no attempt to get up and follow her yet.

Rosan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by 1975 Sat Sep 27, 2014 9:23 am

After Marcus's family is notified, Mica asks Tate if he can show her around on the island.
'You really shouldn't ask me, I haven't been here in forever. Marcus could show you, though.'

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosan Sat Sep 27, 2014 9:27 am

Eventually Alec gets on his feet and walks towards Julie, who is making wild gestures trying to get his ass overthere. "I'm only getting in if we can take a shower together," he says while he holds in at the floodmark, crossing his arms.
"You were the one that wanted to take a dive," Julie calls him out on his bullshit. "Besides, you sneak in anyway."

Rosan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by 1975 Fri Oct 03, 2014 7:59 pm

It's only when Mica walks away with Marcus, smiling happily, that Tate realises he's the only one in the house who can bring Jael's food. Fuck this.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosan Fri Oct 03, 2014 8:07 pm

Jael is lounging on the bed, eyes scanning over the pages of one of the books she took from her room in New York. She doesn't really take in anything though, she's too tired, the letters swim before her eyes.
She's lying on her stomach, still too lazy to get dressed. Besides, there's no one to judge her anyway.

Rosan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by 1975 Fri Oct 03, 2014 8:18 pm

Tate enters the room without knocking, plate of reheated tacos in one hand, the other still on the doorknob. 'Dinner,' is all he says when he comes in.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosan Fri Oct 03, 2014 8:22 pm

Jael jumps as if she's been stung when she hears the door. The book falls on the floor with a loud bang and with the speed of light she's off the bed, her back turned towards him. "I'm—I'm sorry, I forgot you had to bring dinner," she stammers.

Rosan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by 1975 Fri Oct 03, 2014 8:27 pm

'It's alright,' Tate says, shamelessly ogling her backside. 'Do you want me to—uh—leave? Or I can just—turn around, or something?'

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosan Fri Oct 03, 2014 8:29 pm

Jael hesitates. "I um—yeah, you could turn around..." Her voice is unstable. "I just—I'm sorry."

Rosan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by 1975 Fri Oct 03, 2014 8:34 pm

Tate shrugs, turns around. 'I'm not looking,' he tells her. 'You can—do your thing.'

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosan Fri Oct 03, 2014 8:38 pm

Jael grabs sweatpants and a tank top and puts them on quickly. "I'm—I'm decent now." She sits down on the bed, cheeks still flustered, hands still shaking.

Rosan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by 1975 Sat Oct 04, 2014 11:43 am

'Al—Alright,' Tate stutters, awkwardly. He places the plate on the nightstand. 'Try not to—uhm—to make stains on the bed, I guess?'

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosan Sat Oct 04, 2014 12:01 pm

Jael nods quickly. 'Do you—um, have my sketchbook…?' She plays with her fingers, tense again now he's there.

Last edited by Rosan on Sat Oct 04, 2014 3:30 pm; edited 1 time in total

Rosan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by 1975 Sat Oct 04, 2014 12:29 pm

Tate nods. 'Yeah, it's in my room. I'll fetch it later.'

'So...' Mica quips. 'Sisters, huh? That any fun?' They're walking along the shore, away from where Julie and Alec were. She's holding her shoes while Marcus was barefoot already, water sloshing over her sand-covered feet.

Last edited by 1975 on Sat Oct 04, 2014 12:44 pm; edited 1 time in total

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosan Sat Oct 04, 2014 12:38 pm

Jael heaves on a sigh. 'Did you um, look through it…?' Of course he did. Who wouldn't? She still looks at him, very obviously hoping he'll say 'no'.

Last edited by Rosan on Sat Oct 04, 2014 3:31 pm; edited 1 time in total

Rosan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by 1975 Sat Oct 04, 2014 12:45 pm

Tate shrugs. 'I saw some drawings. Not everything.'

'So...' Mica quips. 'Sisters, huh? That any fun?' They're walking along the shore, away from where Julie and Alec were. She's holding her shoes while Marcus was barefoot already, water sloshing over her sand-covered feet.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosan Sat Oct 04, 2014 12:59 pm

Jael bites down on her lower lip. 'You weren't supposed to…' she says, silently. 'I like to keep them to myself.' The fact she showed Tate a few, honestly means a lot—she trusts him. But not like that, not like he could just look through the book like it doesn't mean anything at all.

Last edited by Rosan on Sat Oct 04, 2014 3:31 pm; edited 1 time in total

Rosan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by 1975 Sat Oct 04, 2014 1:09 pm

'I don't think you understand the whole hostage thing,' Tate bites, tired and exhausted and just so done with everything. He doesn't want Jael to lecture him on privacy, on looking through her stuff. Not now. Not fucking now. He's tired, and annoyed, and this should've been a surprise for Mica she could enjoy, and it's tainted with Macy and him murdering Tina and her stressing about getting two babies instead of zero, like she planned, and just—no. 'You don't get a say in what I'm supposed to.'

'It's alright,' Marcus laughs. 'They're obnoxious, sometimes, but they are good kids. They've been raised well. My parents were a lot more... ready, with them. Older, more patient, more stable. They did well.'
'They did well with you too,' Mica shrugs, easily. 'I mean, you're a good person, Marcus. Even a blind person could see that.'

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosan Sat Oct 04, 2014 1:16 pm

Jael's face crumples, her breath's hitching, like she's choking. She looks at him like he just hit her in the face. 'Wh—what…? What the fuck is that supposed to mean…?' Her voice breaks, and even though she tries to fight tears, to not look so fucking weak, she is still crying.

Last edited by Rosan on Sat Oct 04, 2014 3:33 pm; edited 1 time in total

Rosan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by 1975 Sat Oct 04, 2014 1:27 pm

'Nothing,' Tate sighs, turning around. 'Eat your tacos, Jael.' He leaves the room. Fuck him and his stupid mouth.

'I guess, yeah,' Marcus mumbles. Then: 'You're going to be a great parent, Mica. I know you're probably—probably scared, or at least a bit anxious, but it's going to be fine. You're going to be fine.
Mica shrugs. 'I don't know,' she says. 'I mean... I'm twenty-six, single, pregnant and unprepared.'

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosan Sat Oct 04, 2014 1:32 pm

Jael doesn't have words to call after him. She just stares at him leaving, feeling like all energy is sucked out of her. Hostage. Hostage. Hostage. Hostage. She's so stupid, thinking things would change.

Last edited by Rosan on Sat Oct 04, 2014 3:34 pm; edited 1 time in total

Rosan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by 1975 Sat Oct 04, 2014 1:35 pm

'My mother could probably, um, give you some tips. If you're up for that,' Marcus offers cautiously.
Mica smiles. 'I would like that.'

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosan Sat Oct 04, 2014 1:41 pm

Julie has left Alec alone with Polar. He and the dog are having the best of times, but since Julie is not really a dog person, she just got inside to prepare five drinks. She's just filling the last glass as Tate comes down the stairs. 'Hey, you, sit,' she says, pointing at the bar. 'I want to talk to you.' She puts down the bottle.

Last edited by Rosan on Sat Oct 04, 2014 3:35 pm; edited 1 time in total

Rosan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by 1975 Sat Oct 04, 2014 1:53 pm

'Why not,' Tate sighs, sitting down. He downs the drink in one go. 'I need something stronger if I'm going to want to survive this.'

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosan Sat Oct 04, 2014 1:57 pm

Julie shrugs. 'There's vodka somewhere in these cupboards,' she says. 'I can fetch it for you, but you don't wanna be drunk your first night here.' She tilts her head a little. 'How are you holding up?' She bends over, leans her elbows on the bar.

Last edited by Rosan on Sat Oct 04, 2014 3:36 pm; edited 1 time in total

Rosan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by 1975 Sat Oct 04, 2014 2:02 pm

Tate shrugs. 'Macy's dead, my best friend's boyfriend knocked her up with two kids and left her, I got some girl in my best friend's beach house that I may or may not be in love with and there's no way in hell I can act on it... I guess you could say I'm fantastic. How are you holding up, sunshine?'

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosan Sat Oct 04, 2014 2:10 pm

Julie gives him an unimpressed look. 'You kidding me?' she says, then she straightens and hands him the vodka. She already got the bottle for later tonight. 'It's not about me today, Hale, but I lost a sister too, remember? Maybe you should try to stop acting like you're fine, or it's gonna come and get you eventually, and trust me, speaking from my own experience, you do not want that.' She shrugs, takes a sip from her own fruit cocktail. 'It's been what, four months? Did they get the guy who did it?' She tilts her head a little. 'Marcus only told me so much.'

Rosan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by 1975 Mon Oct 06, 2014 3:18 pm

'What do you want me to do, then?' Tate asks, exasperated. The bottle is heavy in his hands, the vodka burning down his throat. It feels good. 'Do you want me to huddle up in bed and cry because Macy died, hating me? I stopped working to get my life back together, put the Springers in charge of the HH—what else do you want me to do? I can't—I can't just hide and cry, Jules. I have Mica to take care of, I have two little babies to take care of after this, I have Jael, Vicki, god, Vicki's been calling me and I haven't been answering, she hasn't seen me in forever. I don't—I can't just—'

Outside, Marcus shows Mica the small bungalow-ish houses where the other people resided.
'This,' he says, gesturing at the one all the way to the left, 'will be my place soon.'
'Wait, what? I thought you were staying in the house.'
Marcus nods. 'Up until now, I did. It's your house now, though.'

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosan Mon Oct 06, 2014 3:38 pm

Julie bites down on her lower lip, lets him talk. She's quiet for a while. "You're forgetting yourself, Hale," she says then, softly. "Look, Macy died, and you're angry. I get it. You know how angry I was. I was angry for months. Remember how you met me? I wasn't at all like I am now and you know it. But one day you're going to wake up and it's just gonna be gone. But until that happens, you shouldn't try to fight it, you shouldn't try to ignore the fact that your life is a mess and that you're fucked up. Own up to it. Or maybe find someone you can truly share your shit with, because you can't do this alone."

Rosan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by 1975 Mon Oct 06, 2014 4:03 pm

'Macy was killed by Tim Reynolds,' Tate says, voice flat. 'Tim Reynolds killed my sister.' He takes a sip of the vodka, hands stable, not shaking, not trembling. 'So I killed his.'

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosan Mon Oct 06, 2014 4:10 pm

Julie chokes on her spit. 'You killed his sister!?' she repeats, breathless. 'That's one way of coping… Damn, Hale…' She's not really surprised, though, for some reason. Macy and Tate were inseparable. Hearing she died was quite a shock, even for Julie, who only met the girl a few times.

Rosan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by 1975 Mon Oct 06, 2014 6:27 pm

'The girl upstairs...' Tate starts, but then shakes his head. Julie will get it, he's sure of that. 'You can't—You can't tell Alec. Or Marcus. Marcus knows... things. But not about—that. He—He—I can't put him and his family in danger.' He shakes his head again.

'It's my house,' Mica repeats, voice clear. 'And I'm telling you: That room is yours. If you don't want to, you can move to this pretty little house. But that room will always be yours. That's not changing just because Tate decided he didn't want this island anymore and gave it to me.'
Marcus nods, shrugs. 'That's not how it went, though,' he points out. 'Tate—Tate never had this island. He bought it for you. It's not something he was done playing with.'

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosan Mon Oct 06, 2014 7:34 pm

Julie raises her eyebrows. "You're not going to tell me that Jael—that she saw you murder the guy's sister, are you? Holy fuck, Hale, is that the girl who went missing a few months back? Like, she has those rich parents. I remember wanting to call you about her, because it was Honey, and you live there. Damn, you're—she's—you're in love with her? That's really fucked up. Makes sense somehow—I mean, have you seen you? But it's fucked up." She shakes her head, still processing things.

Rosan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by 1975 Tue Oct 07, 2014 6:20 am

Tate laughs humourlessly. 'I think I am in love with her. She claims she is in love with me.' He raises his eyebrows. 'Ever heard of Stockholm syndrome? Where the hostage confuses positive feelings towards her captor because he isn't treating her too badly with love?'

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosan Tue Oct 07, 2014 6:22 am

Julie hesitates. 'You think that's it?' she says, slowly, thinking about the possibility. 'Did you tell her?'

Last edited by Rosan on Tue Oct 07, 2014 8:23 am; edited 1 time in total

Rosan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by 1975 Tue Oct 07, 2014 6:24 am

Tate nods slowly. 'Yes, to both. Look, I know there's a possibility that it isn't it, you know. But would you take the risk?'

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosan Tue Oct 07, 2014 6:28 am

Julie tilts her head a little. 'I don't know, to be honest. But I've seen the way Jael looked at you back at the dock. I've been meaning to ask you what's it really about.' She shrugs. 'I don't know, maybe you should just go for it. She's not gonna go anywhere anyway, right?'

Last edited by Rosan on Tue Oct 07, 2014 8:24 am; edited 1 time in total

Rosan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by 1975 Tue Oct 07, 2014 6:34 am

'That's the thing!' Tate exclaims. The bottle is nearing half empty—Tate knows how to hold his liquor. 'If you want some—something to work out—long term, would you take the risk of doing something that could jeopardise that? Like starting a relationship even though the person you're starting a relationship with may not be completely sane due to the fact that you kidnapped her and her past boyfriends both tried to kill her?' He's sure the words come out slurred, but Julie has known him long enough to understand what he's saying.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosan Tue Oct 07, 2014 6:38 am

'I don't know,' Julie says, in all honesty. 'I don't know, Hale. I don't know. And I don't know either if there's a way to find out if she's really--if she really has Stockholm syndrome. She might have. But it doesn't have to be like that, right?'

Last edited by Rosan on Tue Oct 07, 2014 8:25 am; edited 1 time in total

Rosan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by 1975 Tue Oct 07, 2014 6:39 am

'it doesn't have to be,' Tate repeats. 'But the possibility is there. If it were Alec, would you take the risk?'

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosan Tue Oct 07, 2014 6:42 am

Julie doesn't hesitate: 'Yes. I think I would. He's everything I live for.' She smiles. 'Besides, have you always had her locked away? Has it always been like this?'

Last edited by Rosan on Tue Oct 07, 2014 8:25 am; edited 1 time in total

Rosan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by 1975 Tue Oct 07, 2014 6:54 am

Tate looks at her, disgust apparent on his face. 'You would take the risk that Alec wouldn't really want you, just so you could be happy?'

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next